A dataset is one or more tables whose format is defined by a schema.
Datasets Can Share Schemas
For example, the datasets EHR_TUVA and EHR_TUVA_SAMPLE both have the schema EHR_TUVA_SCHEMA.
Datasets differ from schemas in that not all are available to users, and are dependent on your subscription plan. Users in the free trial begin with all the sample datasets, and can upgrade to the premium datasets.
The name of the dataset
The schema of that dataset
A description of that dataset
Whether that dataset is currently available to you
You can list all datasets here.
For a given dataset you can:
- Query for information: Get dataset information
- Make a real-time query for a patient count and a small sample: Query a dataset
- Retrieve data for a given cohort: Get Data
- For sample datasets you can retrieve data without specifying a cohort.
- For premium datasets a cohort must be specified and exports are limited to 50,000 patients per export.